Sport for All, is a movement promoting the Olympic ideal that sport is a human right for all individuals regardless of race, social class and sex. The movement encourages sports activities that can be exercised by people of all ages, both sexes and different social and economic conditions. In 1987, this Commission launched the popular OLYMPIC DAY RUN which takes place every year, celebrating the foundation of the IOC in 1894, and which is now arranged by 169 National Olympic Committees all over the world. The run over various distances is open to men, women and children of all ages.
This year, the Saint Lucia Olympic Committee held this activity on June 18, during the Olympic Week of activities. The programme for this year’s observance was changed to include a Sports Administration Seminar. This 35 hour seminar ran from June 21 to 25, 2006.
Later this year, the 11th World Sport for All Congress will take place at the International Conference Centre in Havana, Cuba from 31 October to 3 November 2006, organized by the Cuban National Olympic Committee under the patronage of the IOC and in co-operation with AGFIS and the World Health Organisation. The main theme of the 11th World Sport for All Congress is ” Physical activity: benefits and challenges”.
The five athlete programmes available in the 2013-2016 quadrennial plan will offer the NOCs assistance adapted to the age and level of their athletes as well as to the type of competitions for which they are preparing.
The objective is to provide each NOC with the technical and financial means to ensure they can fulfil their specific needs and priorities during the various development stages of their athletes…learn more
Olympic Scholarships for Athletes – Sochi 2014:
- Sochi 2014 – Guidelines
- Sochi 2014 – Application Form
- Sochi 2014 – Application Priority Order Form
- Sochi 2014 – Qualification Travel Subsidy Form
- Sochi 2014 – Evaluation Form
Olympic Scholarships for Athletes – Rio 2016:
- Rio 2016 – Guidelines
- Rio 2016 – Application Form
- Rio 2016 – Application – Priority Order Form
- Rio 2016 – Qualification Travel Subsidy Form
- Rio 2016 – Evaluation Form
Team Support Grant:
- Team Support Grant – Guidelines
- Team Support Grant – Application – Quadrennial Plan
- Team Support Grant – Application – Annual Prep. Project
- Team Support Grant – Technical Report Form
Continental Athlete Support Grant:
- Cont. Athlete Grant – Guidelines
- Cont. Athlete Grant – Application – Quadrennial Plan
- Cont. Athlete Grant – Application – Annual Prep. Project
- Cont. Athlete Grant – Technical Report Form
Youth Olympic Games – Athlete Support:
- YOG – Athlete Support – Guidelines
- YOG – Athlete Support – Option 1 – Application Form
- YOG – Athlete Support – Option 2 – Application Form
- YOG – Athlete Support – Option 3 – Application Form
- YOG – Athlete Support – Option 1 – Technical Report
- YOG – Athlete Support – Option 2 – Technical Report
- YOG – Athlete Support – Option 3 – Technical Report
GENERAL STRATEGY AND OBJECTIVE
The aim of the three Olympic Solidarity coaches’ programmes is to offer National Olympic Committees (NOCs) all the means necessary to improve their coaches’ knowledge so as to enable them to respond to current athlete training requirements.
For its part, the IOC officially recognises the importance of the function and training of coaches, including them, as a priority, in its Entourage Commission, which was created following the IOC Session in Copenhagen.
Nowadays, coaches are a particularly important element for the athlete and they are asked to fulfil various roles, of an educator, trainer, guide, psychologist, agent, etc. and all this for various groups (athletes, teams, children, adolescents, adults, beginners, elite athletes, etc.), which is why it is important that they have access to ongoing and high-quality training…learn more
Technical Course for Coaches:
- Technical Courses for Coaches – Guidelines
- Technical Courses for Coaches – Application Form
- Technical Courses for Coaches – NOC Report Form
- Technical Courses for Coaches – Expert Report Form
Olympic Scholarships for Coaches:
- Olympic Scholarships for Coaches – Guidelines
- Olympic Scholarships for Coaches – Application form
- Olympic Scholarships for Coaches – List of training partners
Development of National Sports Structure: